Free US & CA shipping orders $39+, Intl $65+, Engraving Queue: 6 biz days plus ship time
Is it possible to have an allergy to silicone rings?

Is it possible to have an allergy to silicone rings?

Silicone is one of the safest materials, which is the reason why it's been used to make cooking tools such as spatulas and baking dishes.

If your silicone ring is made of food-grade or medical-grade silicone, then it's highly unlikely that you are allergic to the silicone ring itself.

If you have developed an allergic reaction to your silicone ring, such as redness, irritation, a rash, or blisters, let us explore some possible causes and remedies!

1. If the fit of the ring is too tight, such as creating a "finger muffin top" or an airtight seal, then the lack of airflow and trapped sweat can be the cause of the irritation.

(For some individuals, the sweat itself is an allergen.)

Remedy: At Knot Theory we offer a free size replacement to ensure you have the best fit. We can replace your ring with a bigger size, so your finger can breathe!

2. If your ring was recently exposed to some type of chemicals or irritants, it may be causing an allergic reaction.

Remedy: Clean your ring with soap and warm water, and keep the ring off until the redness on your finger is gone. Try the clean ring on again, or, Knot Theory can send you a replacement ring.

3. The ring wasn't too tight and was not exposed to any irritants.

Remedy: In this case, we are a bit stumped! Knot Theory rings are made with hypoallergenic food-grade silicone and pigments. Please contact us at https://knotheory.com/pages/contact-us and tell us more. We're here to help you and find a solution!